My 2.8 year daughter has worms and itching her anus
You can give Albendazole (Zentel)
Thanks for being on Ask A Doctor platform.
I can understand your concern.
Zental contains albendazole and it can be given safely if there is no past history of allergy.
You can give the same dose at bedtime after food and repeat it after 2 weeks for a better result.
Do also teach her to maintain proper hygiene like good hand wash, cut overgrown nails and to avoid scratching of the anal area.
Clean all the clothes and bed sheets with warm water to destroy any eggs.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
I have given Zentol 10ml full dosage today. Are you suggesting to give one more dosage of 10ml again after 2 weeks? Please confirm.
Yes, for better effect
Thanks for following up...
The effect would be better if you repeat the dose after 15 days and all the members (both adults and children) suffering from symptoms should be treated at the same time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting