Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Muscles are hurting and unable to walk. What could be the reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12630 Questions
i got the flu then all my muscles starting to hurt really bad, i can barley walk and have no strength, this has XXXXXXX going on for a week.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is post viral myalgia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. After a viral infection, the generalized pain in the muscles is a common finding. This happens due to post viral myalgia. This is a self limiting illness. The spontaneous improvement is seen in 3-4 weeks. For symptomatic relief, you can start taking a mild pain killer like ibuprofen after the meals three times a day. Taking a hot shower will also help in decreasing the muscle spasms. Keep yourself well hydrated and do consult a physician in case the symptoms are persistent. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor