Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Muscle pain, fatigue, weakness, spasms. Done blood test. Have Raynaud's disease. Have high Hb, low iron

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 550 Questions
I woke up one morning in XXXXXXX 2008 and thought I was getting the flu and things were never the same since. I had what they believe was an auto immune response and I suffered from muscle aches and pain, fatigue, muscle weakness & spasms. My blood vessels would spontaneously burst for no reason and had jaundice and a slight molar rash that only lasted a day, joint tenderness and stiffness and lots of other crazy symptoms. At one stage I was having a different symptom every week. I had blood tests done and I had a positive XXXXXXX with a nuclear lamin pattern and a titre of 1:320 and every test in the last 5 years have been same until last week...It was 1:640...I was seeing a Rheumatologist and he tested me for all types autoimmune diseases but they were all within normal range or negative. I do understand that it can take years for an actual diagnoses and he did explain that it could take years for the disease to fully come out and to have a definite diagnosis and unless I have any different symptoms or get worse. I had every test you could imagine from blood to xrays, a mammogram and many different types of scans. I have had a number of different med but not much works...I also have Raynaud's and gastrointestinal problems and mild irritable bowl syndrome and hypertension since 2008 and on medication. The XXXXXXX is a nuclear lamin pattern which is occasionally found in SLE, Autoimmune liver and other inflammatory disorders and Anti-phospholipid disease but I know have high hemoglobin and low iron and am anemic and was advised to take iron tablets for 3 months. Should I go back to a rheumatologist?
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Your XXXXXXX titre is definitely high and some of the symptoms do correlate with Lupus.
So your disease definitely comes under the domain of a Rheumatologist.

He will be able to advise medication according to your symptoms and they should be under control.

Certain medication like Hydroxychloroquine, folic acid, calcium and vitamin D should be able to help you.

He was right in saying that sometimes the disease evolves. But 5 years is generally the period by which most of the symptoms pretty much appear. So you need to be treated according to your symptoms at present.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor