Movable lump under eyebrow. Is it hemangioma or dermal cysts?

Dr. Samik Basu

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My son ( 4 years) got some hard mobile 5 mm mas under eyebrow, it looks like he got some blue little ball under skin. We went to doctor, they say that it could be hemangioma, or dermal cystis or he s got something under skin after some small trauma. But it got bigger and I m warry abt it. Doctors said that we should look for changes but that there is no need to do anything right now. Could homeopathy help? I need to say that this skin change lasts for almost 2 months. Thx for answer
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.

I am not sure whether homeopathy works for lesions like this. This definitely does not look like a hemangioma. This might be a case of subepidermal cyst. If the lesion is increasing then the best way to treat it would be to ask an eye surgeon to remove the mass surgically and then go for the biopsy.
The biopsy will ascertain the type of lesion. This should help in the further management of the case.

Do not panic. Get hold of an eye surgeon. You can also go for an ultrasound of the area if possible.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further queries you are free to consult me.

Wishing your child a speedy recovery. Have a nice day.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E