Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Mother of 3. Having chronic pain in pelvic bones and lower back

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
I am a 46 yr old female, mother of having chronic pain in pelvic bones and lower back...6-8 months now?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be disc bulge or osteomalacia

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

According to your symptoms due to lumbar disc bulge there can be compression of this nerve root leading to pain in back and pelvis. MRI spine and pelvis screening will help in diagnosis.
Another differential for pelvic pain can be osteomalacia which is very common in females and also common after pregnancy.
I will advise to do x XXXXXXX pelvis AP view and blood investigation for vit D level and serum calcium level.

If lumbar disc confirmed then for these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
Core stabilizing spine exercises will help.
For osteomalacia you need calcium and vitamin D supplement with bed rest.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor