Most effective natural supplement to reduce PSA level

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Alternative Medicine
Question: WHAT IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE NATURAL SUPPLEMENT TO LEGALLY (I.E WITHOUT CAMOUFLAGING A SERIOUS PATHOLOGICAL CONDITION) REDUCE PSA
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.

I can see that you have a borderline PSA for 5 years now. I am sure you are otherwise fine and not having any prostate-related symptoms. This is not at all worrisome to me and I would not investigate further unless it shows a significant jump.

Let me tell you that PSA by itself does not mean anything. Hence even if we can just reduce the PSA (while not suppressing an underlying cancer) we will reduce only your anxiety and nothing else. It won't reduce your chances of developing prostate cancer in the future. However, we do not even have any such natural supplement or medicine. Even if somebody claims to do it, it is unproven.

Just follow your physician's advice, do regular clinical checkup and 6-12 monthly PSA screen. You will certainly be OK.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best Wishes,