Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Moles found, soft and squishy, minor growth. Have them examined?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
I'm worried about a couple of moles I've found.

Fortunately, the one with the XXXXXXX next to it is really old, probably at least 20 years, and growth, if any, has been minor. The other one (without the penny) is probably at least 10 years old and previously examined without concern. Both are very soft and squishy.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

You have provided me with good information.

You have 2 moles, both which are 10 and 20 yrs old. I have gone through the pictures and they most probably look like a Common mole or Normal mole.

Normally, a mole is soft and squishy in texture. But if you observe the following changes over period, you will need to show to a Dermatologist for examination.

1. The color changes.
2. The mole gets unevenly smaller or bigger (unlike normal moles in children, which get evenly bigger).
3. The mole changes in shape, texture, etc.
4. The skin on the surface becomes dry or scaly.
5. The mole becomes hard or feels lumpy.
6. It starts to itch.
7. It bleeds or oozes.

Also, the appearance of a new irregular mole (though it is quite normal for people to develop new moles from time to time until they reach their 40s. There is no need to worry.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor