Mole on lower abdomen started peeling. What should be done?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a mole on my lower abdomen for years and it has never changed until recently. It has always been medium brown, oval-shaped, raised and hard-feeling. Earlier this week it started to peel (and continues to peel) and the area under the peeling is more of a red-brown. There has been no trauma to the mole.
Answered by Dr. Kruti 8 hours later
Hello

I can understand your concern.

There is a definite change in the mole. Any change in the mole needs to be evaluated further.

Hence I would recommend that you visit a dermatologist who can evaluate it, do a dermatoscopy and a biopsy if required.

This will help in deciding whether the change is significant or not.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.

Regards.