Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Missing periods. Pregnancy test positive. Which specialist should I consult?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hiiii actually m pregnent i think from 4 weeks bcoz my periods were due on 1 of november 2012. But i checked. Nd result was positive. Can u tell to whom i contact means my GP or sepecialist??? Nd wht medicine i can take to get abortion bcoz i dnt want baby yet???? Thnx
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 28 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits can give false positive results.
So for termination of pregnancy:
Consult gynecologist and undergo ultrasound examination.
Which will confirm intrauterine pregnancy and will rule out ectopic pregnancy.
And also by ultrasound the gestational age can be estimated.
According to that if intrauterine pregnancy of 4 weeks gestational age is confirmed then you can go for medical termination of pregnancy with your doctor's advice.
For medical termination of the pregnancy combination of mifepristone and misoprostol to be used regarding the dosage etc your doctor will explain to you.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor