Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Missing periods. HPT negative. Took unwanted tablet. What should I do?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
Doctor i m 22yrs old, married. last month i did't get my period on the right date. I waited for 10 days.. I did a Pregnancy test.. It showed negative. The I went to a medical shop and explained my problem. They gave me UNWANTED tablet. This month my period date is 6th still i did't get my period. I checked my pregnancy before 4 days but it showed negative. now what should i do ????
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 30 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, I do not understand one basic point that is, being an educated woman why you have gone to a medicine store for treatment? Do you think that is better than a qualified doctor?

Secondly, from the history, the condition sounds like irregular menstruation. In this age group, it may be an alarming condition like polycystic ovarian syndrome.

So, you should not neglect this.

First do an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen to rule out any abnormality. Then consult with a gynecologist for clinical examination, for prescribing progesterone group of drug for inducing menstruation and for further management according to the reports of other investigations.

One more thing, in this condition, drugs like unwanted is avoided due to development of further complications like delayed period, hormonal imbalance created by the side effects.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor