Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

166 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Missing period and feeling bloated. HPT negative. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: hi was due period 24th dec, had 3 neg pregnancy tests. feeling bloated and have bouts of feeling hot, could i still be pregnant? had mc in feb and am trying to conceive again
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 38 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, a pregnancy test should be done on or after the day of missed period. So, according to this, you have done the test at right time. So, there is very little chance of being these tests false negative. That means, there is very little chance of pregnancy. You can check the beta HCG level in blood to rule out chance of false negative result in the urine test, as the symptoms you described can also be present in pregnancy.

For confirmation, you can go for ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. Ultrasound scan is the gold standard in this field.

So, do an ultrasound scan to confirm the situation.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Prenatal diagnosis

doctor1 MD

2 Years Old Female diagnosed to have Larsen Syndrome, Congenital Vertical Talus, Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita , Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip. Diagnosed to have AMC 3rd Post natal day, baby was splinted for both knees from 20th day, hip...

doctor1 MD

Hi! How are u.. I am 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant. On our 20 week ultrasound they found a small white spot on the heart. On the 26 week ultrasound they found that the spot was a little smaller however there was some fluid around the heart as well as a slight echogenic bowel. The quad screen and the fetal cell free DNA maternity21 test all were clear. What should we do and what are we likely facing?

doctor1 MD

hi am in 21 weeks of pregnancy . With recent ultrasound test amniocetesis test i found my baby has bilateral cleft lip and doctors say that the child might have genetic disorder too which can be confirmed only after delivery . is it possible for me to terminate the pregnancy right now ?

doctor1 MD

Hi, i just had my fetal assessment scan today and my nuchal translucency thickness was 3mm. Based on blood work and the rest of ultrasound findings, i was told that my risk of baby having down s sydrome is 1:2500. i am still concerned however regarding the NT measurement. what is considered normal range. i am having a baby boy.

doctor1 MD

hi doc. I am 41 years old and now 15 weeks pregnant. I am worried about down syndrome. my doc did the Nuchal scan ar 12 weeks and it was 1.6mm. Doc say it is fine. but the doc did not do the 1st Trimester maternal serum bloodtest and now i am already 15 weeks so i cant do that bloodtest anymore. Now i have to make a choice whether to do the Triple test or should i do the amniocentesis directly ? I read that Nuchal scan + 1st trimester bloodtest will give 95% certainty. Now with the nuchal scan and triple test, will it be sufficient that i will not have to do the amniocentesis which is a invasive procedure ? doc can you pls advice.

doctor1 MD

Von Willebrand Disease Type 3 disease with mucosal bleeding in infant less than 1 year old

doctor1 MD

I started having pink slimy discharge today followed by Brown discharge. A week ago I had taken a pregnancy test and it came out positive but I took one last night and it was negative. Won't start my period for a week and a half I don't know...