Missing period and feeling bloated. HPT negative. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: hi was due period 24th dec, had 3 neg pregnancy tests. feeling bloated and have bouts of feeling hot, could i still be pregnant? had mc in feb and am trying to conceive again
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 38 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, a pregnancy test should be done on or after the day of missed period. So, according to this, you have done the test at right time. So, there is very little chance of being these tests false negative. That means, there is very little chance of pregnancy. You can check the beta HCG level in blood to rule out chance of false negative result in the urine test, as the symptoms you described can also be present in pregnancy.

For confirmation, you can go for ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. Ultrasound scan is the gold standard in this field.

So, do an ultrasound scan to confirm the situation.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.