Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Missing period. Looking for medicine to continue period without any side effect

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
hi, I am a mother of three. I supposed to get my period XXXXXXX 26th but i did not and i do not know i am pregnant or not. I dont want any more kids. so i can have any kind of medicine to continue my period without side effect
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

Since you have missed your periods by 12 days, I suggest you to get a urine pregnancy test done using UPT Kit. This will tell you whether you are pregnant. Your treatment will entirely depend on the results.

If it turns out to be positive, then get an ultrasound abdomen to be more sure. gynecologist. I suggest you to get these tests at the earliest, because if MTP is done at an earlier stages ,there are high chances of success.

If pregnancy test is negative, you can take progestins group of drugs for few days to induce your menstrual cycle. Progestins can be prescribed by a nearest gynecologist.

Hope this helps. You may write to me anytime for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor