Missing period. HPT negative. MRI showed delayed ovulation with enlarged follicle. Pregnant?
Here are the possibilities:
1. You have delayed ovulation with the enlarged follicle representing a dominant cyst that might release an egg (and thus a delayed period)
2. You have a persistent cyst from your cycle (which are hormonally active) that is leading to a delay in the normal withdrawl bleed
3. You are pregnant and the test is just not positive yet
#3 is still possible if you ovulated later than you expected and conceived later than you thought. The persistent cyst, almost certainly, represents something called the corpus luteum. This cyst will usually maintain the lining (an an early pregnancy). If pregnancy does not occur, the corpus luteum degenerates, progesterone levels fall, and you get a period.
I would recommend waiting until one week after you would have expected your period, and then go in for a blood pregnancy test. If it is negative, then you are not pregnant and this either represents delayed or absent ovulation.
I hope that this helps. Please ask if you have a followup question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Negative hpt but indeed pregnant
- Delayed periods negative hpt spotting cramping bloating pregnant
- Negative hpt pregnant with twins
- 11 weeks pregnant negative hpt
- Pcos taking clomid delayed period hpt negative pregnant
- Stomachache hpt negative pregnant
- Missed periods hpt negative cramps took duphaston pregnant
- Missed period negative hpt
- Periods due hpt negative had sex pregnant
- Delayed period hpt negative taken duphaston 2x pregnant