Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Missing heart beats, acidity, BP under control. Should I consult a cardiologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
does heat stop when u have acidity similar to sneezing? when i was watching my pulse, i fell my heart stops now and then? my bp is under control. should i consult a cardiologist?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

You have provided good information but kindly explain what do you mean by "heat stop when u have acidity similar to sneezing".

Regarding the pulse, if you have counted it and see that it is above 80 beats per minute - occasionally does not mean anything XXXXXXX Hypertensive patients often have this due to hyperdynamic circulation, and treatment. Also the good thing is that BP is under control.

Heart cannot stop as such, but I feel you are having palpitations which might be due to anxiety, stress, dehydration or electrolyte imbalance.

I would suggest you drink a generous amount of an electrolyte beverage for few hours, relax yourslef and then observe for changes.

Stress management, anxiety control, reduction of caffeine, salt and fat intake in your diet, weight loss motivation and an increase in regular exercise are all the measures necessary.

Keep measuring the BP at intervals and if there is a sudden change or palpitations/missed beats are frequent consider visiting a Cardiologist for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor