Missed taking pill. Having abdominal pain. Had sex with withdrawal method. Chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Wanted to get a second opinion on a question I asked last night...
My boyfriend ejaculated and some got on my hand. I washed my hands and about 2 hours later I masturbated. I did not penetrate my vagina but what are the chances I could get pregnant from that situation?

I know I am probably unnecessarily concerned but since the day after the incident I have had some lower abdominal pain. That is sometimes common for me because I am on the birth control pill, however last month there were a few times when I missed taking it so I took the pill the next day. The incident also occurred on the last day of my period, which I know is a time that the body isn't very fertile.

Considering all these factors do you think I am okay? And how long does sperm remain alive on skin?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

Since the intercourse was on the last day of your menstrual periods and the ejaculate was thrown outside as well as you are on irregular birth control pills , the chances of pregnancy are very rare.The life of sperm in vagina is from 5-7 days.As far as skin in concerned , if you washed your hands immediately , the sperm is likely to become immobile at the same time and gets washed away.Do not worry , take precautions for this cycle and watch for the periods to come.Later on you can start regular birth control pills.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome