Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Missed taking krimson 35. Started heavy periods. What is the cause and how to control it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12893 Questions
I stoped krimson 35 after 15th day. Cos i missed it on 16th day. Now on 19th day i got my periods. And its tooo heavy. Am chnging pads evry two hours. Could u pls suggest if its cos of the wrong dosage or something else. Am 28yrs old hsving pcod and obese. Married and mother of a 2 yr old boy. Pls suggest wot to be done for this heavy flow
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The bleeding that you are having now is due to stopping the oral contraceptive suddenly. This is the withdrawal bleeding.
To decrease the bleeding you should start with a new pack of Krimson 35 and it will take at least 72 hours to produce an effect. In case the bleeding is very heavy then you might need hemostatic agents after consulting your gynecologist.
Meanwhile do start with oral iron supplements to combat the iron loss due to bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Missed taking krimson 35. Started heavy periods. What is the cause and how to control it? 23 hours later
Doc is there any pblm in taking this pill.. And i want to go for a surgery?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 48 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
There should not be any problem in continuing with this pill. But before going for any surgery, do inform your surgeon regarding the pills you are taking as these do increase the chances of XXXXXXX vein thrombosis after surgery.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor