Missed periods and started spotting. Getting back pain. Is this the sign of menopause?
i am due to have a hysterectomy in less than two weeks. At the point of seeing my gynaecologist in November i had been bleeding or spotting almost every day, an earlier exploration had revealed adhesions onto my bowl/pouch of XXXXXXX and i have frequent left side pain, and less frequent right. from dull thud to more acute. The thought up to 10 years before the menopause was part of the reasoning for going ahead with surgery.
Since seeing him i have missed at least two periods. This is unheard of for me. I do not seem to have any other menopausal symptoms. The pains continue and over the past four days seem to have spread to my lower left back. (unless its a kidney infection as we've all succumbed to the winter bugs) A regular three year smear/blood test happened to fall on Christmas eve, where i asked if she could take a test to see if it was the menopause. The results came back as LH 12 and FSH 14.
I have not been able to speak to my gynaecologist, and wondered if there were still enough reasons to go through this major surgery or if there were other reasons a period could stop?
Thanks for writing to us.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Following is my reply :
1) You are undergoing perimenopausal changes. That's why you are having not having periods. At menopause, periods become irregular and then stop.
2) That is the reason your reports indicates high FSH values. This suggests nearing menopause.
3) Your decision to undergo hysterectomy is best in your past and present conditions. Please go ahead with the same.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. Let me know if you have more questions
Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain with periods
- Spotting after menopause and back pain
- Periods delay back pain
- Missed period back pain and fatigue
- Watery period and back pain
- Bloating diarrhea spotting missed period back pain
- Lower back pain and menopause
- Menopause and back pain
- Groin and back pain in menopause
- Missed period and spotting back pain
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?