Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Missed periods. ICAN test positive for pregnancy. Do not want to continue. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 458 Questions
Hi,i missed my periods and my last period date is 8th April and also I had done the pregnancy test through ICAN test will be positive and please suggested me what i have to do??Actually recently I got married 2monthsback means Feb'2013...and my husband will be gone abroad next week and I am staying alone.Please suggested me actually right now I have not want to conceive.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 2 hours later
Thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic.

I understand that your I CAN urine test is positive for pregnancy and you don't want to continue the pregnancy. Although drugs are available for abortion, these drugs can be taken only with a Dr's guidance to prevent complications like incomplete abortion and rupture of uterus.

Misoprostol and Mifepristone are given to induce abortion. These drugs stimulate uterine contraction and causes expulsion of the implanted fertilized ovum from uterus. When given together, they are 95% successful in termination of pregnancy.

But medical termination of pregnancy involves certain procedures. First, you should sign a consent form. Also, these two drugs are given in 3 different types of protocols. Some of the protocols will need vaginal insertion of Misoprostol. Too much dose can cause rupture of uterus and hence you need to consult a Gynecologist.

Since your husband will be leaving next week, consult a Gynecologist immediately if you decide for the abortion. The bleeding will usually start within 4 days and the process will be over by about a week.

I hope this helps. Please address to me if you have any further concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor