Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Missed period. Had unprotected sex. Want medicine for abortion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
Hii. wife missed period by two days and still he feel nothing about period. ....I m afraid she get pregnant because we done a unprotected sex after 10 days of her last period can u give me the medicine for abortion. .we don't want baby now
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Your wife missed the periods only by two days. Since you are sexually active and periods are overdue, it is better to get an evaluation done for pregnancy first and then plan for any abortion. You can get home pregnancy test done which is simple and efficient in detecting pregnancy. The test is performed using pregnancy kits, which are readily available in market using few drops of early morning urine. Alternately, you can consult a gynecologist immediately who will do a serum beta HCG test and a pelvic ultrasound to confirm or rule out pregnancy.
If the pregnancy test comes positive and you want an abortion with medicines then there are kits for abortion available, which you can get on a doctor's prescription. It is best to use these kits under the expert guidance of a gynecologist, as such kits are often associated with complications like excessive bleeding and incomplete abortion. You will have to search a gynecologist near your place for guidance.
I would advise you to get the tests done for pregnancy first. Seek the help of gynecologist accordingly.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor