Missed period. Had sex. Pregnancy kit test shows positive. Suggest ways to abort?

Posted on Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: hello doctor, i have a period on 22 july and have the intimacy on 6 aug now my periods is been missed for this month and the pregenency kit shows it as positive. i have a kid and do not want another one right now kindly suggest the way to abort
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Obstetric consultation

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I understand your anxiety of another pregnancy as you have a small child. I suggest you get in touch with your gynecologist as soon as possible. Medical termination of pregnancy can be tried by medications if within 45 days of conception. The sooner you go to the doctor the better. Please do not delay any more and do not try anything at home.

After you have dealt with this issue, I also suggest you to use contraceptives if you do not want to risk another pregnancy. Your gynecologist will guide you regarding the same.

Thanks. Please get back if any more queries
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Roopa Hiremath

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 877 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Abortion

doctor1 MD

can i take zincofer in substitute if duphaston is not available? what is the difference? (2) i just had my miscarriage recently. trying to find...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I am 4 weeks pregnant now.I had an pills abortion 3 years back and this time I have conceived naturally.The thing is just after...

doctor1 MD

My name is Amy I am 20 and have always had my period exactly on time for years, I m talking like shortly after mid-night every 28 days. I thought...

doctor1 MD

I had a blighted ovum at 10 weeks nothing was present in the sac from 4weeks. blood levels were 2500 on thursday and dropped to 1950 sat. confirmed...

doctor1 MD

I had my surgical abortion on may then i got 2 proper periods on time but the third period is 9 days late please help,i hv done the hcg test came...

doctor1 MD

I am 45 days pregnant and i already have 1 child who is 2 years old. Myself amd my husband have not planned for the second child so we want to...

doctor1 MD

Best brand for copper t wen multiload goes for a failure ???

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

165 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction