Missed period. Had sex. Pregnancy kit test shows positive. Suggest ways to abort?

Posted on Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: hello doctor, i have a period on 22 july and have the intimacy on 6 aug now my periods is been missed for this month and the pregenency kit shows it as positive. i have a kid and do not want another one right now kindly suggest the way to abort
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Obstetric consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I understand your anxiety of another pregnancy as you have a small child. I suggest you get in touch with your gynecologist as soon as possible. Medical termination of pregnancy can be tried by medications if within 45 days of conception. The sooner you go to the doctor the better. Please do not delay any more and do not try anything at home.

After you have dealt with this issue, I also suggest you to use contraceptives if you do not want to risk another pregnancy. Your gynecologist will guide you regarding the same.

Thanks. Please get back if any more queries
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Roopa Hiremath

Infectious Diseases Specialist