Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Miscarriage,infertility,hysteroscopy,subbseptate uterur,septoplasty

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hi,i had been miscarried two yrs back and after that suffering from doctor have done Diagnostic Hysteroscopy and found subseptate uterur he suggest me to do septoplasty. Is it safe and solve my problems. please help me.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 29 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

A uterine septum is a wedge shaped septum which divides the uterus into two and when the wedge-like partition involves only the superior part of the cavity resulting in an incomplete septum then it is called a subseptate uterus.

It may not cause any symptoms but sometimes be responsible for infertility and miscarriage.

Usually it is discovered on transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography, hysteroscopy or a 3D ultrasound.

The treatment of choice is septoplasty or surgery and you should go ahead with it. Hysteroscopic removal of a uterine septum can also be done as the intervention is relatively minor and safe in experienced hands.

A follow-up imaging study should demonstrate the removal of the lesion.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor