Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Miscarriage, weight gain, exercising daily, diet conscious. How can I lose weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 436 Questions
I am 32 years old, female with height 5ft 2 Inches. Last year in October, I had a miscarriage, and after that I am unable to control my weight. My weight is increasing and I have reached 84 Kgs now. I exercise daily. I am conscious with my diet too, I take lots of XXXXXXX vegetables and fiber in my daily diet. I drink 2 litres of water everday. For conceiving a second time, I need to lose weight. Please guide me what to do?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

You have provided me with good information.

A miscarriage is one of the most distressing events that can happen in a woman’s life and weight gain is a common event that follows miscarriage.

Since your miscarriage in October you are not able to lose weight,you are also following the right diet and exercising daily.This is good.Your Thyroid levels are also normal.Sometimes women during pregnancy tend to eat more , this will even continue post delivery or miscarriage.This might be the reason in your initial stages of miscarriage you were not able to lose weight.

You might also require a Diet chart personalized to your requirements. Also joining a Gym is better, where a trainer can possibly monitor your weight loss. If you do it on your own, you might not be able to get better results faster. Importantly if your current goal is to lose weight than other priorities, like job, you should recognize it now and spend time for at least two to three hours a day for your diet, exercise and plan for weight loss.

Also if you are want to lose weight at the earliest you can take the help of weight loss tablets for a few months with the help of your local doctor. You can also try Herbal preparations like XXXXXXX tea, Ginseng, St.Johns wort after consulting a Ayurvedic Specialist, since they should not be taken during pregnancy or other medications.

Hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Miscarriage, weight gain, exercising daily, diet conscious. How can I lose weight? 3 hours later
I am already drinking XXXXXXX Tea and I do not drink anything else. I have a personalized diet chart but it is not helping me. My real concern is, does my increase in weight hamper my fertility? Would it be difficult for me to conceive again and have a full term pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Weight gain will not hamper you in getting pregnant unless there is any medical cause behind it.

It is better to XXXXXXX a Gynaecologist and do investigations like Ultrasound abdomen. Sometimes in cases of PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), there will be rise in body weight and this will cause problems like infertility.

In case, there is no such problems, it will not hamper your way in getting pregnant and delivering a full term baby.
It is better you get an examination done once.

Hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor