Mirena IUD, sore hips
Thanks for writing to us.
Mirena coil contains levonorgestrel - a hormone which is likely to help your bones and not likely to cause any kind of hip or bone pains.Some patients do complain of such a hip pain but none of the studies show a correlation of mirena coil with hip and joint pains. It might just be a coincidence.
You can take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief.
It does not contain any silicon. It has been seen that removal of the coil does not cause any improvement in the pain. It seems to be just a chance association.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...