Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Mild osteopenia, mild osteoporotic,on vitamin & calcium, back pain, MRI, PCOD, irregular period, high alkaline phosphatase, bone densitometry. Other tests?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 43 Questions
I am having back pain since years and i am just 26.I was told that i am having mild ostopenia and mild osteoporotic and prescibed vitamin & calcium for the same.But still my lower back at a particular point pains like anything and since 2 days while getting up or walking its paining more.Had got MRI and all done but nothing in that.I m having gynae problems too ,suffering with PCOD and periods are not normal.My alkaline phosphatase count was more.In the bone densitometry ,suggested action was to get treatment to avoid further bone loss.When i go to doctor here ,he suggests me physio and correct posture.Could there anything else to be tested?
Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sangeet 7 hours later

Thanks for your query

The cause of your backache could be PCOD as well.

I would need the following details to answer your query in the best manner.

1. Could you please mail me your bone densitometry parameters and serum Calcium and Phosphorous levels?
2. Is the back pain localized to your back or does it shoot down the back of your thigh or leg?
3. Do you have numbness or weakness in your legs?

With the info you provided, I feel, this pain would be either positional or due to PCOD.

You may mail to reports to my attention at YYYY@YYYY

Awaiting your reply

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor