Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Metallic taste in the mouth. May I know the reason for this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
iam a man 37yrs i get a metallic taste in my mouth shaking and feeling of passing out
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms suggest Partial Seizures

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, ,

Good Day to you.

Thanks for posting your query on this website.

I can fully appreciate your concerns. However, further elaboration of the problems would have been of great help.

Nevertheless, the symptoms provided, point towards the possibility of a particular type of epilepsy, called Simple Partial Seizures(SPS). SPS presents itself in various forms. You are apparently suffering from Gustatory type of SPS.

I therefore suggest that you consult your treating doctor/Neurologist who will order for specific diagnostic tests and prescribe most effective anti-convulsant drugs.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor