Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Met with an accident yesterday. CT scan showing concussion. Had nose bleed. Should I go to ER?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1197 Questions
my son was in a motor cycle accident yesterday at 5 pm had cat scan at er, said has a concusion, but ok today at 930 he has a nosebleed should he be taken to er?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

If CT scan was performed and there was no serious head injury, he must have had a concussion. There is nothing much to worry if he has no other significant head injury signs in the first 24 hours after head injury. Significant head injury signs include:
Loss of consciousness
Loss of balance
Severe headache
Vision problems

The nose bleed might be from fracture/ injury to nose and face due to accident. If it is light bleed, it might be small vessel injury and can be managed by the gp. Continuous nose bleed should be seen in the er.

I hope this helps,
Any further queries are welcome.
Dr. A Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor