Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Met with an accident and feeling numbness. MRI showed agitated periosteum. What should I do to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10454 Questions
Hi, I was in a car accident 11 months ago in which I hit my left XXXXXXX very hard on the console or dash. X-ray shows no break or fracture. I'm still bruised & leg is painful if I try to get on my knees or sit back on heels during yoga. It is also still partially numb. I had an MRI 2 weeks ago which shied that the periosteum was still very agitated (doctor's words "periosteum is pissed off"). He suggested physical therapy in which they put me on an underwater treadmill. Is this what you would do? I don't have pain when walking & have full range of motion except as described earlier. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Email: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain you have described seems to be due to a periosteal inflammation. Such injuries often take time to recover and are quite painful.
In addition to the physical therapy that has been advised by your doctor, you need to take serratiopeptidase and trypsin- chymotrypsin will enhance the rate of recovery. Doing hot fomentation in the area will also be helpful.
You can get the necessary medicines prescribed from your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor