Met with an accident. Pus filled lump appeared on thigh. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I HAD A CAR ACCIDENT SINCE 3 WEEKS . MY LEFT THIGH GREW A LUMP WHICH FEELS SPONGY , APPARENTLY ACCUMULATING FLUIDS . IT WAS A BASEBALL SIZE . NOW IT IS BECOMING LIKE A FOOTBALL IN SHAPE . TOOK XRAY ON FIRST DAY TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE WERE NO BROKEN BONES. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS LUMP?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
This lump seems to be local collection of blood which has seeped in due to the blunt injury on your thigh.
There is only one way to treat it ,that is by way of surgical drainage.
Consult a surgeon of this.
I hope it helps.
Do let me know if there is any other concern.
Best of luck
Thanks