Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Met with an accident. No fracture seen on x-ray. Have numbness and bruise. Should I visit ER?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Hi. I was involved in a four wheeler accident two years ago. The four wheeler flipped and the bar on the back landed on my forearm. Xrays concluded that there was no fracture, and my skin was a purplish color for a few months afterwards. The doctor who treated me said that the injury would heal on its own. I always had an indentation but now I'm experiencing a huge gap, numbness, my skin is changing to a bruised color for periods of time, burning sensations and there is something hanging loose. I can move this from the outside of my skin. From the outside it kind of looks like an inch thick vein. I have no medical insurance at this time and wonder if I should just keep resting it off or its serious enough to go to the emergency room.
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 16 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Just saw the image you sent too. Presence of numbness might indicate a lesion of a nerve, and the gapping might deserve a new control X XXXXXXX
I suggest you take an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon instead for a proper evaluation.
But do not actually think you need to worry that much.
thanks and best regards,
Feel free asking further questions if need be.
Luchuo, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor