Met with an accident. Fluid filled bruise appeared on hip. How to cure it?

Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: i had an accident on my motorcyle i got a XXXXXXX bruise on my hip. this
yo. happened 11 days ago. now i have s 6" circle of fluid under my skin. when bumped it is pianful. will this go away or should it be drained.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I would have appreciated if you had uploaded a photograph of the bruise and the surrounding skin for me to give you a better response. You can use the facility available on this site to do so.

A bruise usually disappears in 7-10 days unless it is a large hematoma (collection of blood). If the fluid collection that you describe is indeed hematoma then it should not be drained unless it is interfering or causing other problems. It shall take some time but resolve.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to add more facts to the case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

RKK