Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Met with an accident. Fluid filled bruise appeared on hip. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
i had an accident on my motorcyle i got a XXXXXXX bruise on my hip. this
yo. happened 11 days ago. now i have s 6" circle of fluid under my skin. when bumped it is pianful. will this go away or should it be drained.
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I would have appreciated if you had uploaded a photograph of the bruise and the surrounding skin for me to give you a better response. You can use the facility available on this site to do so.

A bruise usually disappears in 7-10 days unless it is a large hematoma (collection of blood). If the fluid collection that you describe is indeed hematoma then it should not be drained unless it is interfering or causing other problems. It shall take some time but resolve.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to add more facts to the case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor