Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Mentally not fine. Argues, gets anger. behaves like physco. Difficult to handle. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
My sister in law mentally not fine. She runs away from home. Anger issues. Mis behaves with her parents. No frds. No cousin calls her even her younger brother dont talk to her. Fighting with my brother on small issues. Even last month was so stressful for me too. I posted one question yesterday regarding hair loss. Doc said stress cause hair fall. So plz tell what to do?? She acts like physco. She just ran away outside without any issue. Its mental harassment for my brother. If u need more detail about her just let me know
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Schizophrenia
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult Psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the question.

I have gone through your question and I can understand what you are going through and I appreciate your willingness to seek professional help.

First I would like to discuss why she may be behaving the way she is.

Your sister-in-law, as you have mentioned misbehaves with her parents, and she doesn't have friends and her brothers don't talk to her. She fights over small things, she runs away for no apparent reason.

Looking at all this, I wonder what could be causing her to behave in such a way, the possible reasons are,

1. Stress (family, society, studies).
2. Any physical condition/health issue that is preventing her from making friends or interact with other people.
3. Depression.
4. Abnormal thoughts and visions.
5. Any mental illness.
6. Any form of abuse (Present or past)

It is difficult to understand exactly what is going on without actually talking to her, we need to know what she feels, and why she has to do what she does.

I can only empathize with her, because I suspect something is seriously wrong otherwise people do not act as she does.

The best you can do is to somehow take her to a psychiatrist and get to know the real reason behind her irrational behaviour.

Most important is, how you interact with her. (By you I mean the entire family). You need to build trust by listening to what she says, and you need to be careful what you say. I understand that is quite difficult to do, but if she has some problem and no one is listening then just imagine what she must be going through.

I request you to take her to a psychiatrist before she does something wrong.

Once we know the reason why she is behaving the way she is, then an appropriate step can be taken to remove whatever is causing the problem.

I sincerely hope you can understand the gravity of the situation and will do the needful.

I hope this information is of help to you. Please do write back if you have any more questions or doubts.

Wishing you all good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Mentally not fine. Argues, gets anger. behaves like physco. Difficult to handle. Remedy? 2 days later
Thanks for ur advice.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:

You are most welcome. Please let me know if I can help you about anything else.

All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor