Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Medicines for child's throat pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 709 Questions
my doctor is 4 yrs old and complaining severe throat pain.. no doctors around today. could you prescribe medicines?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: paracetamol Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXX, We do not encourage prescription of drugs without having a look at the patient. But I will make an exception this time. You can give paracetamol to your daughter. It is a safe pain killer. Trade names are crocin, calpol. Calculation of the dose is very important. Give her 15 mg per kg of her body weight. For example if she is 18 kgs then you have to give her 18 multiplied by 15 = 270mg , you can round that off to 250mg. You can buy syrup crocin of the strength 250mg / 5ml. For a child that weighs 18kgs you have to give 5ml. Calculate her dose accordingly. Paracetamol should be given after food. You can give a XXXXXXX of 4 doses in 24hrs with a gap of 6 hrs between 2 doses. She is probably coming down with a throat infection. give her lots of warm fluids like soups. Avoid airconditioning and cold foods. you should meet with a doctor first thing in the morning. do not continue giving paracetamol without meeting a doctor. regards, dr rajkishori godhi.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor