Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

140 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Medicine for raised serum phosphorus, cholesterol, VLDL, LDL and uric acid?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: after seeing my report suggest me medicine
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a query.

I am discussing your report first. Then I shall tell you about the medicines that can be considered.

Firstly, vitamin D level in blood is lower than required according to the age and sex. Serum phosphorus is marginally raised. This can lead to bone destruction which causes generalized body ache.

Cholesterol, VLDL, LDL, Triglyceride all increased. It causes increased risk of coronary artery disease and cerebral infarction.

Uric acid is increased.

In liver function test, the SGPT is increased. It is nonspecific. But it indicates a hepatocellular injury.

Other tests are within normal limit.

Now, you have to do the followings.
1.     First and foremost – change the diet in low fat containing diet.
2.     Do some physical exercise daily. Walk for minimum 30 minutes 3 days a week.
3.     For low vitamin D level you have to take cholecalciferol group of supplements.
4.      For increased lipid profile, you should take combination of atorvastatin and fenofibrate group of drug.
5.     For increased uric acid level, you have to take allopurinol group of drug.
6.     For increased enzyme level, you have to take liver protecting drugs like sorbitol group of drug.

Lastly, you should consult with your treating doctor for clinical correlation of the report (most important) and for prescribing appropriate drugs.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Sorbitol

doctor1 MD

Can running in the cold cause an esophageal spasm? I was late for work and running down the block and I started getting this central chest pain/squeezing.

doctor1 MD

I have used lacalose and sorbitol and amitza and dosate and my stools are not coming out much.i have had very stools in the last few stools are always stuck high in my colon where a enem wont reach.will a soap suds enema be more effective...

doctor1 MD

Dear sir/ma am Iam a diabetic patient from long go and was detected when i was teen, my mother was a high diabetic patient and died at the age of 32.i am a hypertention person which is very bad for my sugar level. Now iam 30 years old single , before my life was not as i was an orphan lad, bought up by my elder sister s family. I have to do house hold work along with my study and earning since standard I could not enjoy good study. Which was my dream, which always make me sad. For that reason or other, i always feel tension. I observe that my sugar level control if i do long walk or hard work with organic green tea but level rise abruptly for sleepless ness or tension.earlier i was give high dose of insulin when it was detected it 30 in the morning and 20 in evening. But my insulin stop as my sugar level shows diffrent history, after changing the dose to 20 ad 10. I use to faint, since the if i take insulin(huinsulin 30/70 40 iu), my body use swell and have a very acute pain in my head. Now i am having a sugar level( fasting 340.15 mg/dl pp 382.03 mg/dl) and also have problem of indigesion and weakness my doctor advice me geminor m2 ,sorliv tricholine &sorbitol solution, and emmunstar- gold. Is the good for me.please adivce. You faithfully pradeep.

doctor1 MD

My name is XXXXXXX and I would to know WHAT should I not HAVE in foods with I.B.S.

doctor1 MD

my husband is 40 years old and doctor dignosed as jaundice with Bilirubin (total as 5.10 and bilibubin (conjugated) as 1.80, SGPT (alt)-620 and SGOT(AST)-310 and he is taking five medicines 1. UPBEAT (TRICHOLINE CITRATE WITH SORBITOL SOLUTION 2. URSODEOXYCHOLIC ACID TABLETS 3. COBADEX 4. PAN-D AND 5CEFUROXIME AXETIL TABLETS. IT IS THE RIGHT MEDICINE AND WHAT ARE THE FOODS TO AVOID DURING JAUNDICE?

doctor1 MD

I want to inquire about the safety of administering the following medicines which have been prescribed for my 7 month old:- a. Cyproheptadine, Tricholine and Sorbitol Solution - 3/4 tsp x 3 times a day b. Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate Suspension - 1 tsp x 3 times a day c. Salbutamol Sulfate Syrup. - 1/4 tsp x 3 times a day I have read that the safety of administering Cyproheptadine and salbutamol has not been established for infants. Detailed Description:- My baby is 7 months old and has been suffering from the following symtoms:- a. Running Nose b. Watering Eyes c. Cough s during the night d. Mild rash on buttocks e. Mild rash behind the neck He is being fed on:- a. Brest milk b. Formula Milk c. Cow s Milk d. Banana, Cottage Cheese e. Boiled Pulses etc. The baby is alert and active. The doctor believes that he is allergic to cow s milk. I am concerned about the need for administering drugs. Would the infection not go away naturally? Please help. Keshav Chhawchharia

doctor1 MD

My eyes are reddish, from time to time tears are running, and a feeling that something is disturbing to see. Looks lik catarcat. I saw the doctor, he prescribed Curina( Naphazoline HCl 0,025%) and an ointment. When i mentioned it looks like cataract he saw me again and said , yes, it looks like a very initial stage of it. And advised to use Mediphacol (Cytochrome-C, Sodium Succinate,Adenosine, Niacinamide, Sorbitol). I used only the last one during a week. No changes. Can I use both of these drops in the same days. may be the first will cure infection and the second will brake cataract?