Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Medication for foreskin splits?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
possible treatment for foreskin splits, i.e creams ?
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 37 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

The foreskin splits are usually traumatic and are painful as they irritate sensitive nerve endings in the foreskin.

The splits usually heal on their own within few days , sometimes they may get infected delaying the healing associated with increase discomfort.

Application of Ointment Neosporin twice daily will reduce pain ans also prevent infections of the split skin.

Do not handle the affected area often, this can lead to infection.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor