Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Medication for diarrhea

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1975
Answered : 1329 Questions
Hi Doctor, My wife suffering with daily 6 to 8 times going to water motion .so what type of medicine (Syrup) required for the treat of motion
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 9 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I understand, your wife has AIDS, and is sufferring from watery motions 6-8 times a day.

You can give her over the counter medicine like Lomotil available anywhere, twice a day for loose motion. You can also give T. Omeprazole if she has any associated gastritis or burning in stomach.

Try to avoid milk and any spicy foods. She can take buttermilk, well mashed rice, carrot soup, soyamilk and black tea, all of which will settle her intestines fast. But if she does not improve, do see your doctor to rule out an infection since she is sufferring from AIDS.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please write back to me if you have further queries and wis you and your wife good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor