Medical test showed blood urea 80, creatinine 0.7 and uric acid 7.8. How to improve health condition?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: I have recently got medical checkups done. Following are the details
Age 30 Male, Height 169 cms, Weight 85, BMI 29.78, BP 110/90
Blood Urea 80, Serum Creatinine 0.7, Serum Uric Acid 7.8
SGOT 76, SGPT 135,
Cholestrol 144, Triglycerides 159, HDL 42.1, LDL 70.1, VLDL 31.8

What do you suggest i should do to improve my health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, about your BMI, it is at the borderline level. Blood pressure is within normal limit.

Your renal function test reveals a high level of urea with normal creatinine level. It indicates either a high protein intake on the previous day of the test or increased protein metabolism or reduced renal perfusion. But before suspecting anything, your urine report should be checked. It reveals everything within normal limit. If there was any serious problem, the urine report must show that.
Your lipid profile test reveals normal total cholesterol. Triglyceride is in borderline high. HDL, LDL are within normal limit.

Your blood sugar, both the fasting and postprandial are within normal limit.

So, you have to follow some instructions
1.     Take some good, nutritious diet. Use vegetable oil devoid of saturated fat.
2.     Do some aerobics to reduce stress.
3.     Walk 30 minutes minimum 3 times a week.
4.     Avoid fast food.
5.     You have to take atorvastatin and fenofibrate combination to keep the lipid profile within normal limit. Consult with your family physician for dosing.
6.     For the urea level you may consult with a nephrologist for thorough clinical examination, ordering any more investigation if required and for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.