Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Medical check up showed BP 140/80, fasting sugar level 104 and cholesterol level 185. Any advice?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
Dear Doctor
I had undergone medical check up under health care supervision at SRL
I am aged 50 years
My weight is 90 kgs and height is 175 cms. My BMI value is around 32.
My B P is 140/80.
Random sugur level is 104(Fasting)
Cholesterol level 185
Here i am sending report as attachment

Kindly give me medical advice
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your sugar and cholesterol are borderline.
You need further tests – for getting proper advice
– (GTT) Glucose Tolerance Test / Sugar fasting /1, 2 & 3 hours after drinking 75 Grams of glucose
LIPID PROFILE / There are subdivisions of cholesterol like LDL, HDL as also Triglyceride and so on.

You are obese – You have to reduce your WEIGHT drastically.

Diet and Exercise are the cornerstones.
The most important aspect is DIET. You need both quantitative and qualitative changes. You have to see a Dietician – you will need several sessions to get a good grasp – Calories, food Exchanges, Glycemic Index, Saturated and UNsaturated Fats, role of Salt and so on
You should EXERCISE regularly – at least 20 minutes a day / 5 days a week.

Your blood PRESSURE needs to come down further. You may add ARB (Angiotensin Receptor Blocker). They are available as a single tablet in combination with your other drug amlodipine(Stamlo).

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor