May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly elevated and overweight. What can I do?
Please follow the suggestions below...
Apart from the diet, being physically active, I'd like to add, drink more water; it is natural, and would help cleanse your body from the "bad" metabolites that would trigger a gout attack.
Furthermore, as you might know, avoid drinking alcohol as it would interrupt the elimination of uric acid from the body, thus, it remains for long time in the blood stream causing gout attacks.
Apart from not eating purines, you should also limit or avoid foods XXXXXXX in saturated fats, foods containing fructose syrup, and foods XXXXXXX in simple carbohydrates.
It is great that you are exercising 5 days a week at your age, that will also help you losing weight apart being healthy and preventing gout attack.
In addition, sometimes, doctors prescribe some pills to take for long term use in order to prevent gout attack or at least lessen the symptoms.
You can talk to your physician if you can start any of these medications. Please bear in mind that these pills are not necessary to give to specific patients.
I recommend always to my patients to use herbal remedies (local) as they are of great help together with above-mentioned options.
Hope it answered to your inquiry!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does high level of uric acid lead to gout
- Uric acid treatment gout
- Barley andvpurines problems uric acid or gout
- Uric acid gout fatty liver
- What is the cure for severe gout attack
- Gout uric acid diet
- Suffering from gout unable to concentrate difficulty walking overweight treatment
- Uric acid gout
- Attack of gout
- Uric acid levels gout
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?