Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Masturbation from the last 5 years, addiction, want to quit, himalaya tentex royal. Side effects ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
Hi,am m ayd oI ainswner gy our hdeaaltih lqueyr iehsa rbigh nonw d? Pleapser taype ytour query hierce.e.. and i want to ask how to control it and is this is harmfull for marrige life i am 20 years and m doing from last 5 years?
and i am taking med of himalaya tentex royal and speman
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

What I understand from your query is that you have been doing regular masturbation since the last 5 years and now you want to stop it. Secondly you want to know the effect of the herbal medicines : Himalaya tentex royal and speman on your sexual life.

At a younger age people usually have more sex drive and their frequency of masturbation is maximum. You can indulge in this activity as long as it is pleasurable and you have the drive for it. It should not cause you any pain. If you are doing excessive masturbation, then you have to decrease the frequency. You cannot stop masturbation totally because it is not a permanent solution.

For this purpose:

1)     First of all find out the cause of excessive masturbation. It could be because you are bored, lonely, hurt, stressed, or it could be because of pains from the past.
2)     Identify the time when you indulge in masturbation frequently. If supposing it is at night then exercise just before going to bed. Exercise will also help you to be more tired and fall asleep faster.
3)     Try to identify and focus on activities that make you feel better. Motivate yourself to do things for yourself.
4)     Talk with your friends and family and join a gym along with your friends so that you spend maximum time outside where you cannot indulge in masturbation.
5)     Regular exercise and proper diet are essential to good health. Exercise is of paramount importance because it releases endorphins from the body.
6)     Join yoga and meditation classes to keep your mind calm and relaxed

Unfortunately there is no medicine or device to stop excessive masturbation and the above mentioned lifestyle techniques will help you in dealing with excessive masturbation.

Himalaya Tentex royal corrects erectile dysfunction by relaxation of the cavernosal muscles resulting in increase in penile blood flow. It should be taken in erectile dysfunction and there is no need if you are having normal erections and ejaculation. Himalaya speman has been proposed to promote spermatogenesis by improving the testicular, seminal vesicle and epididymal functions.

They are herbal medicines and not much is known about their side effects on the sex life but its manufacturers have claimed that they are without side effects. But my sincere advice is to take only the recommended dose by consulting a specialist (Ayurvedic/ urologist).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor