Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Mass of tissue near testicle, painful. What is it?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I have a what feels like a small mass of tissue near my right testicle which appears to be attached-It hurts when you squeeze it
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description indicates presence of a nodular swelling over your right testicle. It may be an epidermal inclusion cyst, an infectious condition like herpes, a benign skin lesion or other adnexal lesions. Or rarely, it may be the enlarged epididymis.

Now, for a definite diagnosis, you have to consult with a general surgeon for a detailed clinical examination. Position, size, shape, consistency, trans illumination, relation to the underlying structure of the swelling are all necessary points. Depending upon these, a definite diagnosis can be reached.

In case of any problem, an ultrasound scan is necessary for its proper characterization.

So, just from your description, no one can say what actually it is. I think you can understand.

So, consult with a general surgeon for a detailed clinical examination and also for further management.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Mass of tissue near testicle, painful. What is it? 7 minutes later
Two issues-this soft mass is in the scrotum near the right testicle(I did not say that iniatially-Are these sometimes cancer? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 26 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, i can understand your concern.

As i have already told you, it is not possible to comment on the nature of this lesion, just from your description.

But, what i can assure you that, it doesn't sounds like a cancer. because, in that case, the swelling should be rapidly growing and you should have some other complications.

For this reason, i have mentioned that it may be a benign lesion. All the possibilities i have told are all benign.

But, keeping your age in mind, i suggest you to visit a general surgeon for a detailed clinical examination for exact categorization of the swelling.

So, visit a general surgeon.

Hope, you have your answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor