Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Male. Want to have sexual contact with guy. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
im confused about my sexual fealings im with a guy i like being with him and kissing him but i dont have emotional feelings for him do my hormones have something to do with it
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I understand your situation. Now, emotional attachments as well as sexual feelings are complex issues and often depend on a variety of factors - both psychological factors and bilogical factors.

Psychological factors are more common and include the level of intimacy achieved, the degree of communication between the two, whether a sufficient comfort zone has been reached, the seriousness of the relationship, the psychological make-up and the level of emotional involvement of the other person, etc. Past emotional or sexual experiences can also subconsciously be playing a part in your current involvement. For example, negative or painful experiences in the past can cause a person to be apprehensive or emotionally detached from future relationships. Environmental or situationl stress can also hamper emotional or sexual involvement. Biological factors can include hormonal imbalances, mood disturbances such as depression or other medical problems.

I would suggest that you first analyse these psychological factors to see if any of them could be playing a part in your relationship. I would also advise you to improve your degree of communication with your boyfriend and openly discuss what feelings you are going through or how serious both of you are about this relationship.

If you have been going through a period of persistent lack of sexual desire or if you are having any menstrual irregularities, then I would suspect a hormonal problem, in which case you may need a detailed evaluation, including a few blood tests.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor