MY 63 year old sister has been diagnosed with sjogrens.
Probably swollen tongue can be related to Sjogren's syndrome.
Hello dear and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Swollen tongue can be related to Sjogren's syndrome.
Other possible causes that can be related to swollen tongue can be vitamin B 12 deficiency, a food allergy of an inflammation of the tongue.
I would recommend the following examinations:
A complete blood count to detect an anemia
Vitamin B 12 level
Total Ig E level
Meanwhile, noninflammatory medications are needed to relieve the swelling.
I would recommend Naproxen 50 mg three tablets a day.
After the examinations you can consult me again for further evaluation and treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?