MRI showed shadow at level C2. What does it indicate?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: My doctor referred me for an MRI of my brain and spine due to muscular symptoms, to rule out MS.
She called to tell me brain MRI was fine but test showed a shadow at level of C2 and she wants me to have an x-ray. What does this mean, most likely? I do have degenerative disc disease and osteoporosis. I am 60 and generally healthy except for increazsed severe fatigue and muscle weakness over last year which was dx'd as fibromyalgia.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Welcome XXXXXXX
Multiple sclerosis will present with gradual loss of all motor functions and sensory disturbance. Severe muscular pain is not its symptom and it is not due to multiple sclerosis.
At age 60, degenerative disc disease and osteoporosis is common finding. I think, fibromyalgia is correct diagnosis.
If possible please mentions what exactly the description in MRI report about C2 level and also upload one of the image. Then we can discuss the pathology in detail.
Hope you have got query answered. Waiting for follow up question.
Regards.