MRI for cervical showed solid white spot on the side of skull. Is this normal?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I had an MRI for cervical ddd but a solid white spot showed up on the side of my skull . Can someone take a look? It's only one image
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 12 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The white spot in the image is cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and is present XXXXXXX to the skull, overlying the brain (over cerebellum-the small brain at the back).

It is a normal finding and there is no need to worry about it.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist