Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Lumpy feeling in throat, swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin with tingly sensation in feet. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I've had a lumpy feeling in my throat that comes and goes, almost like the sensation you feel when you're about to cry. Also, I've noticed that my lymph nodes along my neck and groin area are swollen, and have had a tingly sensation in my right toes and feet. My lab work came back normal except for B12 which is running high (I was deficient before and over corrected it). I have a psoriasis-like rash that comes and goes with the seasons and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with these problems.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

It is possible that you're having some swelling of your lymph nodes which is contributing to the sensation what you're experiencing. Actually the fact that you have psoriasisis important to consider because we know that psoriasis is an autoimmune condition. The lymph nodes as you know are active parts of our immune system. I would suspect that if your psoriasis is active you might appreciate that the symptoms related to swallowing might be more prominent.

I must say that if your symptoms are becoming bothersome you might discuss this with your primary care doctor. Sometimes imaging procedures are necessary to a value wait if there is any degree of significant swelling. Even if laboratory tests are normal this is worth investigating.

Another possible contributing factor would be acid secretions in the esophagus. Sometimes mild reflux can cause inflammation of the esophagus and a sense of fullness with swallowing. If this is a consideration your doctor might consider referring you to a gastroenterologist.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor