Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Lumps on stomach, forearms and back. How to reduce the spreading?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
how reduce the fat balls in the body, i am avoiding high fat items but still it is not reducing... recently found more balls near stomach, forearms , arms and backside of stomach.. pl suggest..
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I have looked through the images which you have sent and they give the impression of being a lipoma.
This lump is not related to obesity or the amount of fat you consume and would not go away with exercise.
A lipoma is a slow-growing, fatty lump that's most often situated between your skin and the underlying muscle layer and is usually harmless. Treatment by and large is not necessary, but if they are in a location that bothers you, painful or are growing in size, you may want to have them removed.
I would suggest that you visit a general surgeon who can perform a comprehensive evaluation and appropriate treatment can be instituted. Some investigations like an ultrasound or other imaging test, such as an magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computerized tomography (CT) scan (if the lipoma is large) or a fine needle aspiration cytology (to rule out other possibilities) may be required.

If you are really bothered, you can get it removed surgically after talking to your physician.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.
I will be available for follow-up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor