Lumps inside the vagina. Are these normal?

Posted on Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: hello, i have just found two little lumps inside my vagine ( at the end of it, next to g spot), can you please tell me what that can be? thank you
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 59 minutes later
hi XXXXXXX,
thanks for the query.

according to your description the possibilities are,

-bartholin cyst: there will be two bartholin glands on both sides in the vagina, their function is maintaining lubrication.
when the ducts of glands get blocked the cysts will form, if the cysts get infected abscess will result.

-vaginal warts: these will appear in groups, but sometimes only one to two can be seen, these can occur by of sexual transmission or by skin to skin contact.

-herpetic lesions: these also present in clusters but sometimes can be seen as few in number, they present as painful lesions.

-polyps: sometimes polyps of the cervix can protrude and present as vaginal lumps.

-others are sebaceous cysts etc.

so if this lumps are troubling you, better consult gynecologist and undergo examination to find out actual nature of the lump, depending on it you can take treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN