Lump throughout the body. Symptom of lymphoma?

Dr. Sadiq Mughal

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Question: Hi I am trying to decide if I need to go to the ER. A week ago a massage therapist found multiple "lumps" throughout my body. I saw my dr and my WBC was high and they wanted me to come back in a couple weeks. Well know my entire head and neck are killing me, my neck and throat feel swollen to the point where I am having a hard time swallowing and I feel feverish. I am concerned I have lymphoma, but right now the swallowing is a huge concern.
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later

Yes, you need to go ER as your symptoms suggest that you may be having lymphoma. Swelling in the throat and fever could be a super-added infection which may require immediate attention. Treatment of infection will reduce the swelling and will make swallowing easy. You will also need a complete work up for lymphoma.

My suggestion hence would be to visit the ER.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr Sadiq

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan