Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Lump on the lower shin bone and palm. Are these related?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10391 Questions
I just noticed a small lump on my lower XXXXXXX's hard and pea sizes. I also recently notices one on the base of my middle dinger on the palm side of my hand. Any correlation or something to get checked?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Small pea size hard lump on lower XXXXXXX could be due to a Sebaceous cyst or Osteoma or a Neurofibroma. The swelling on the base of middle finger does not seem to be related to the leg swelling.

Diagnosis can only be made after examination.

I suggest you to see your doctor for localised examination of the lump. You may plan the necessary treatment after discussing with them.

Till then, you can self monitor the swellings for any increase in size, pain, redness, nerve symptoms, etc in which case an early treatment is required.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor