Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Lump on the left side of neck. Biopsy is needed. Which doctor should I consult?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
I have a lump on the left side of my neck that my doctor said needs to be biopsied. What type of doctor should do the biopsy?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
General Surgeon

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Biopsy is a surgical procedure in which a piece of lump or total lump is removed and send it for histopathological study.

General surgeon usually performs the procedure.

Therefore I suggest you to consult a general surgeon for the procedure of biopsy.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor